Toilets come in all shapes, sizes, and behave in sometimes odd manners~ kind of like humans.

Toilets come in all shapes, sizes, and behave in sometimes odd manners~ kind of like humans. I would like to take you on a journey through the roller coaster ride that is Crohn's Disease and hope you come out of this a little more educated about you're own health.

Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Eve 2010

My first post. Hmm. Wonder if anyone will read this? Well anyways, its New Years Eve and I sit here while my son watches Cars for the second time today thinking about my future. My family's future. I'm jobless. Well not exactly~ I'm a stay-at-home mother and that is job enough thankyouverymuch.

My hubby just relocated us in October back to NC from spending about 18 months in KS. I spent that time working on my Masters degree in Fine Arts through an accredited online program and trying to stay away from tornadoes. It worked pretty well, God listened to my prayers, but only a week after moving back to NC there were two tornado warnings within the same week. That was so not cool. I suppose it was a moving away gift from KS. I re-gifted it.

I guess I'm straying from the real purpose of this blog. Or am I? This blog is about me, isn't it? I don't want to bore you all with day to day details of all the new words my two year old is learning and saying and how he doesn't like his diaper changed but won't sit on the toilet. No. This is about something more serious, yet I have acquired a great sense of humor about it.

I'm sitting here thinking about the job I have yet don't receive green paper for~ just lots of hugs and kisses. Which is nice, but quite frankly, with the dreaded Crohn's Disease factor, and college, I've racked up quite a lengthy bill in which I have no idea how any of it is going to get paid.

With these thoughts in mind I would like this blog to motivate the insurance-less to get insurance, no matter what the heck it is, I don't care if it's the cheapest plan on the planet, just get some. And also to motivate you to eat healthier and smarter. No more dinners in a box. And no more McDonald's. I'm serious. Just think: the hamburger patties fast-food restaurants use are made from heads and hooves and other scrap body parts. It's true. An article on Yahoo! told me so.

To move forward I think I should start at the beginning, but not the very beginning, because then we will be here all night........






Crohn's Disease.

It sucks.

So does Ulcerative Colitis, and Celiac Disease. These diseases affect the digestive tract which in my opinion is the most important system in the body. Sure we need lungs to breathe and a heart to pump blood, but without food and water no life can be sustained.

I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease eight years ago, even though I believe I've had it for nine or ten. I was 22 years old, living on my own, doing community college part-time, living in my hometown in Western New York. (not the city, I've been to the city ONCE, do not ask me if I've been to broadway)

I lost about 30 pounds within a year, maybe in a shorter time-span, I'm not sure, I never owned a scale. I still don't. If my pants fit, great! If they get too big, that sucks for me.

I wrestled with a lot of health problems due to this and like any 22 year old I didn't have insurance. Two powerful, wonderful, and inspirational women in my life passed away within a year of each other, and with work and college I was not paying attention to myself. I was feeling sorry for my family and the lights that have been extinguished from this planet~ but was not paying attention to my light and how it was flickering.

For my Aunt's funeral my mother came up from NC (she had been living there for a few years since this time) took one look at me and like any self-respecting mother told me I was moving to NC with her.

God Bless her.

I had lots of family that were concerned but too afraid to say anything. A friend thought I was anorexic. I was NOT. I was greatly offended because I never had that kind of body image or ever portrayed in any way that I didn't like my body. But it can only take a mother's quick kick to the rear to get things back on track.

So in October of 2001 I moved to the *ahem* Great State of North Carolina.

We'll continue this later......



**disclaimer**
I am a classic sarcastic-smart ass Northerner, if you are offended with anything I write, or don't get the subtleties of my sarcasm in my writing~ then I am truly sorry. But get over it.